Monday, August 18, 2008

360 Flex Sunday Training

Well I woke up at 6:45 am to my iPhone ringing, "wtf, i still have 15 minutes on my alarm!". It was our Datacenter asking why they didn't see our 03 Exchange Server online.

Such dummies, we, f-that, no more we, i'm done doing IT. Our outsourced IT guy and our new internal IT guy were working on migrating from Exchange 03 to Exchange 07. The datacenter should know, since they did build the 07 server for us.

So once that was straightened out, I just said screw it and started to get ready. I wanted to wear my fancy new Dew shirt, but the damn iron in the hotel kept leaking water on it!

So i sucked it up and wore a wrinkled polo, hooray!

We went downstairs and got some breakfast (stuffed french toast FTW!) Then headed to the conference.

David Gassner from Lynda.com was the trainer and things started off well. I had heard his voice many times before as I have tried to learn Flex through lynda.com many times.

By 4:00 we were on page 62 of 106 with only an hour left. It started to become redundant and there was no way we were going to finish, so we split early, and I finished up the exercises later.

Then we hung out at the bar, and then migrated back over to the Conf. Center for the Welcome Party. Had a couple guiness and then went to bed.

So far I haven't learned anything new in Flex, though the Flex 101 training by Mr. Gassner brought alot back.